Did You Know.......?
- Prevention is the lowest cost of health care that we know of.
- Dental decay and gum disease are the most common yet preventible disease known to mankind.
- The relationship of dental health and overall health is unmistakable. Researchers analyzed data from more than 40,000 respondents from ages 40 to 79. Heart disease is found in 4.7% of respondents without tooth loss, 21% in those missing 1-5 teeth, 60% in those missing 6-31 teeth and 81% in those with total tooth loss. (Source: New England Journal of Medicine)
- We, as individuals, decide what level of health we want for ourselves.
- Click Here for some thoughts on weight loss/control.
- Exercise like your life depends on it...............because it does.
Health facts (2012)
1. Any infectious or inflammatory process increases insulin resistance (diabetes).
2. The number 1 systemic risk factor of periodontal disease (gum disease) is diabetes because of the
infectious and inflammatory nature of gum disease.
3. Atherosclerosis is caused by inflammation and not high lipid levels. Evidently it is inflammation that
causes changes to the inner lining of the blood vessel that allows arterial plaque to form. This, in turn,
can cause heart attack and stroke. One of the primary causes of atherosclerosis is insulin resistance.
- Women with tooth loss and gum disease are 11 times more likely to develop breast cancer. (Source:British Dental Health Foundation [2/11/11] and the Sweden Karolinska Institute)
A Dreadful Story
A little bit of tooth decay leads to a little more... A little bit of gum disease leads to a little more... A little bit of tooth wear leads to a little more... A tooth without replacement leads to more oral breakdown from tooth decay, gum disease and tooth wear... People lose bone when they start losing teeth. People lose muscle when they lose bone, then they start looking older............
This may be habit forming ...
I have to share the prescription I received last week from my medical doctor upon completion of my annual physical examination.
My doctor stated that he was going prescribe a rare and unique script for me that I will be required to adhere to for the remainder of my life.
Before my mouth could stop gaping, and I could get a question asked, he tore off the prescription from his pad and stated that I will see all needed information for DOSAGE, WARNINGS, SIDE EFFECTS and the ACTIVE
He left the room and I was left holding the script with the following :
- Eat 3 meals a day of whole foods and moderate portions
- Walk 10,000 steps daily
- Sleep for 7 hours a night
- Brush your teeth
- Reduce STRESS-Breathe
- Healthy mouth
- Weight loss
- Oxygen to the brain for memory
- Feelings of Euphoria
- Life time and no “call in” required
A Few Facts...
If you lose 3 to 5 molars, you have an increased risk of colon cancer.
Alzheimer’s Disease is affected by oral bacteria.
Unresolved endodontic infections increase heart disease.
"As little as 15 minutes of exercise each day has been shown to decrease risk of breast and colon cancer by up to 40%"
Dr. Greg Well
--- Creating Beautiful Healthy Smiles ---